When I was younger, I did not have health insurance. The thought of even going to a dentist or to an eye doctor seemed far too expensive and out of reach, but I actually had the ability to go to a health care clinic – to get my annual exam – to get my breast cancer screening – to get my birth control – because of Planned Parenthood. For years, Planned Parenthood was my primary care provider and to this day, I continue to use them because of the compassionate, affordable care I receive.
Planned Parenthood cares about me. My own clinician cares about me. She goes above and beyond to take the time to answer my questions, to listen to my concerns and to empower me to make the best decisions for my body.
The care I receive at Planned Parenthood is critical to my health. Without the care provided by Planned Parenthood’s doctors, nurses and other health professionals, I am not sure where I would be today. They are there to support and treat me when I need them. My friends and the women here in Providence feel exactly the same way.
When I hear politicians talking about ending all federal funding for Planned Parenthood’s health care, I hear them saying that they don’t care about me, my health or my family.
Planned Parenthood has been there for me and now I stand here today for women’s health and Planned Parenthood.
Health is more important than politics, and the women of Rhode Island need the services that Planned Parenthood provides to stay healthy. We cannot let anyone take away our health care.
- Jessa Goldstein, patient




0 comments:
Post a Comment