Planned Parenthood Truth Tour

Since the Truth Tour began on Monday March 7 at 8 a.m., Planned Parenthood has provided:
STD Tests: ; Pap Smears: ; Breast Exams: ; Birth Control: ; Title X Patients:
The anti-women's health extremists behind the push to bar Planned Parenthood health centers from federal funding have been spreading lies. The Planned Parenthood Truth Team — staff, patients, and supporters — are there to counter their lies with the truth and to demonstrate just how much support we have in communities and online.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

PATIENT STORY

Four years ago, I had no health insurance and was making close to minimum wage. I went to a Planned Parenthood for a routine check up and to get birth control. While I was there, the doctor gave me a breast exam and noticed that I had a lump. I told her that my grandmother had early breast cancer, and she explained that I'm more at risk of developing it. The staff at Planned Parenthood knew that I didn't have any money, and they helped me find a local organization that got an ultrasound of the mass. When the ultrasound of the mass came back inconclusive, Planned Parenthood, along with the local organization, found a doctor that would biopsy the lump in my breast. Thankfully, the biopsy was negative.

It was so frightening to think that I may have cancer, especially since I didn't have any money. But Planned Parenthood gave me the resources and support I needed. Everyone at Planned Parenthood was so helpful and understood the financial situation I was in. It was so relieving to know that even if I did have cancer, they would be there to help me.

Now, I am pursuing a job in the medical field. I don't have to worry about not having health insurance anymore, but there are many women who are in the same situation that I was. It is so disheartening that our representatives want to cut funding to this vital organization.

Please think of all the people who depend on Planned Parenthood for their healthcare. Where will they go if Planned Parenthood's funding is cut?

-Sarah T, Pittsburgh, PA

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank God for them. Planned Parenthood helps alot of women,and more people need to understand that. All the people that want to close them should take a tour of one of them and find out the really truth about what they do and the support they can find for you. Anna

Post a Comment