Planned Parenthood Truth Tour

Since the Truth Tour began on Monday March 7 at 8 a.m., Planned Parenthood has provided:
STD Tests: ; Pap Smears: ; Breast Exams: ; Birth Control: ; Title X Patients:
The anti-women's health extremists behind the push to bar Planned Parenthood health centers from federal funding have been spreading lies. The Planned Parenthood Truth Team — staff, patients, and supporters — are there to counter their lies with the truth and to demonstrate just how much support we have in communities and online.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Muncie, IN | Mar 24 | 12:38pm

When I went into Planned Parenthood of November of 2008 to get my pap smear done and to get on birth control, I found out that my pap smear came back with abnormal, precancerous cells. I then had to have a colposcopy, which was discounted because I have no insurance and am self pay. I then had to go through a LEEP procedure to remove the precancerous cells from my cervix. The original cost of a LEEP procedure is around $1,000. I only had to pay $300 of that $1000.

Imagine what would happen if they take away federal funding for Planned Parenthood? More women with cancer, more babies born because women cannot afford birth control. I just want to know why they say that they don’t know where the funding is going.

I can tell you.

It goes to affordable pap smears, affordable colposcopies, affordable LEEP procedures, affordable STD testing, and affordable birth control. I have a question for those trying to get rid of Planned Parenthood: How am I supposed to pay to visit a gynecologist and pay for everything full price when I don’t have insurance?

Anna D, patient

0 comments:

Post a Comment