One year, out of the blue, a routine Pap test came back abnormal. Very abnormal.
Planned Parenthood's nurse referred me to an OB/GYN, who diagnosed me with a rare form of cervical cancer. The doctor told me that if I skipped my regular check-up that year, the cancer would have been very advanced by the time I showed any symptoms.
Let me tell you: If Planned Parenthood wouldn’t have been there for me, I wouldn’t have had my annual exam every year. My life would have been very different.
So when my daughter grew up and went to college, I took her to that same Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin health center for her regular women’s health care. And now, I have the pleasure of working for Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin, caring for women just like me, and just like my daughter.
-Judy Kutnyak, PPWI former patient and current health care staff




0 comments:
Post a Comment