Wednesday, March 9, 2011
I STAND WITH PLANNED PARENTHOOD BECAUSE...
"I've been a supporter of Planned Parenthood for a long time — thirty-seven years. In fact, I received services from Planned Parenthood in the late 80s which I really was appreciative about.
I'm also a social worker. I've worked in this community for forty years and I have found services valuable to the people who I've worked with — who are mostly low income women and children — and I value and respect the work that Planned Parenthood has done.
I expect and believe that they need to be funded fully — in fact probably with additional funds. I think what I'm so upset about is at the same time that money for these types of programs are being defunded, they're also defunding programs [that help] women, infant, and children. It's very contradictory in my mind as to so-called family values, and yet on the other hand disrespecting families in every way they can. It's very upsetting and I'm very angry about that. But I'm also here because I care about Planned Parenthood. I care about the women that they provide services to. That's who I am."
-Santo from New Hope, PA




0 comments:
Post a Comment